Saturday, June 27, 2009

Entrada

Last night I was invited to Entrada to play pickleball. I was told by Di Shanklin that this was “Smash mouth” pickleball and if I did not like getting hit with the ball this might not be the right group for me. I arrived early and got a nice tour of Entrada by Tom Wheeler.
I found myself mesmerized by the beauty of that area.

Then we started playing.

In my brief time playing pickleball the one thing I have come to realize is that most of the people that play this game are great people. There is just something about the game that draws competitive but friendly people. The Entrada group is no different.

I started playing and quickly thought I was in over my head. They were hitting it harder than I was used to and it took me a bit to catch up to the speed of the game. After a couple of games I felt like I had caught up and was really enjoying myself.

I don’t know about you guys but I hate to lose. At the same time, I don’t mind getting beat. You just realize that some players are better than you and you tell them “nice shot” after they hit it by you. I said”nice shot” often last night.

After 3 hours of solid play I was exhausted and still had a long drive home so it was time to go. I really enjoyed my time out there and hope to someday do it again.

If you are ever looking for a fun weekend getaway check out Entrada. The rooms are awesome and you can golf during the day then play pickleball at night. The website is
http://www.golfentrada.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment